Friday, September 2, 2011

U.K. Day 1 - Houston Day 103

I love London.  I was only there for three hours in transit, but I love the way it looks, the way it's all centred around an excellent public transport system, the sense of economy (in everything but actual money).  I have a suspicion that my impressions of America and Houston will change after two weeks away.  Already today I've remembered so many things I miss.

In other news, I'm on the train on the way to visit my auntie in the Lakes District.  Have been feeling a little off in the tummy ever since the descent into Heathrow, so will stop staring at a computer screen.  But hurrah for my excellent little 10-inch computer, which is connecting me to the internet whilst being ever-so-portable.  Listen to that.  "Ever-so-portable."  My language changes the instant I'm in the U.K.  The part of me that is made up of my father's genes eats up everything else and makes me speak like I live here.

No comments:

Post a Comment