Thursday, September 22, 2011

Houston Day 123

And that's it.  There it is.  Just like I thought it would, having a job has made all the difference.  Today I went to a meeting with a Director and the Artistic Director from Express Children's Theatre, and walked out with a script and a contract, then I went straight to my first session as an intern at Hope Stone.  One has totally shitty pay, and the other has no pay at all, for the moment, but it doesn't matter.  People are relying on me to do the things that I love and can do well, and I have sufficiently oriented myself to this city and country that I have the wherewithal to do that without crying.  I also pulled out of a show because I don't need to give up Christmas in Minnesota just coz I feel the need to desperately cling to every less-than-professional opportunity that comes my way.  Things are looking up.

1 comment: