Monday, September 19, 2011

Houston Day 120

Welcome back home....and now I'm sick.  Not sure if I caught it from Emma, or if it's just that the plane exacerbates my asthma, and no sleep because of jetlag and staying out late with Abby before an early flight makes it worse!
So I've pretty much been staying put at home since I got back.  Apologies to anyone who calls or Skypes for the next couple of days...I'm in no-speaking mode so I can save my voice for a callback audition tomorrow, and also coz talking makes me cough.  But it's been lovely to be back with Lucas.  I came back to a tidy house with bouquets of flowers, and also new bicycles (we've been saying since we moved we'd get some).  And he's just so much fun to hang out with.  The other day he spilt beer on the floor and pointed at it and cried like a little kid....maybe you had to be there.  He's also looking after me very well, and when I reminded him that my favourite thing to do when I'm sick is to get a TV show on DVD and watch it for hours, he went out and bought me the first season of Mad Men.  It's a pretty interesting show! Set in 1960, with much awkward pointed racism and sexism, and 1960s technology.  Favourite quote: "Of course we've only got the one copy.  It's not like there's some magic machine that makes identical copies of things."
I am going to my thrice-weekly dance classes at City Dance though.  It bothers me that I keep finding myself coming up with excuses to miss my classes there....homesickness, injury, etc...and I hate feeling flaky.  I think with dance classes I tend to find excuses not to go coz it's so hard.  But not this time! And tomorrow I have some training at Hope Stone before I start work on Thursday.  Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment