Monday, September 26, 2011

Houston Day 127 - on why I am not a dancer

I've had some good thinking time while I've been home sick (and still am- asthma takes forever to return to normal!).  A couple of years ago I read a brilliant book called "What Color Is Your Parachute?" which helps you figure out what you're good at and what kind of job would suit you.  Last week I did a couple of the exercises again, and established my favourite skills to use and the areas that interest me.
Skills:
  1. generating new ideas
  2. artistic presentation
  3. public speaking
  4. teamwork
  5. extracting important information
  6. team building
Areas of interest:
  1. spirituality
  2. singing
  3. drama
  4. classics
  5. literature
  6. music performance
Notice how dance doesn't really make an appearance? Have you, like Lucas, noticed what I've been hiding from, that I actually don't like dancing? I'm glad I've sunk so much time and effort into it, because it's a useful skill to have for auditions and shows, but from now on, I'm taking the pressure off myself.  I take a few classes, because it's good for my fitness and also for my CV, but I am not *a dancer*.  What a relief.

No comments:

Post a Comment