Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Houston Day 100

Wow, 100 days.  Well done us!
The fall semester started at Houston City Dance last night.  I'll be taking classes there three times a week: Ballet on Monday evenings, Jazz on Wednesday evenings, and Tap on Saturday mornings.  Ballet was hard work last night, but a good class.  Woke up feeling very sore and tired this morning, and struggled through a Pilates class at Hope Stone at 8.30am.  Am continuing to love Hope Stone.  For the first couple of months of my internship I'll be getting free classes instead of payment, so I'll hopefully make it to Pilates twice a week as well as maybe Modern and something called Gyrokinesis.  I chatted with Gayla a little this morning (the head theater teacher at Hope Stone) and we're both feeling really positive about me coming on board there.  It's funny, though, I have this strange feeling about actually committing to something.  Maybe it's just a Gen Y reluctance to shut off any better options, but I have a feeling that there's something else in there too, athough I can't put my finger on it.
Getting a fair bit of work done at home in terms of audition preparation, singing practice, etc., but not as much as I could be - it's hard to motivate myself although every time I go to a class or an audition or a rehearsal I recognise how necessary it is.
Maybe I'll throw some kind of fun celebration with Lucas tonight to celebrate 100 days of living here.  But first, more monologue rehearsal.

No comments:

Post a Comment