Friday, March 23, 2012

Houston Day 306 - BREAD!!!! & other good things

Who cares if it didn't rise? It tastes delicious and I'm immensely proud of it.
OMG! The unappetising lump I put into the oven actually came out edible! I had all but given up hope, but then....BREAD came out of my oven.  Actual BREAD! Am amazing! Am in fact potential baker (Lucas was right).  Will finally earn Stellar Baker Father's approval....*wistful tear*...


The week has definitely picked up steam.  I have come up with a fun idea I call The Singing Exchange - a couple of actor/dancer friends have brought up the idea that they'd like to be able to sing, so I've offered them lessons in exchange for a lesson in something they know.  I sent out that email yesterday and Bekah immediately IMed me saying "I want singing lessons! I want singing lessons!".  She and also Benito will be my first guinea pigs next week.  Also, Bekah has this great idea for a short dance film that I'm going to be in, so that's something else to look forward to.  (I've said it on the internet now, Bekah, we have to do it.) Was chatting to her about that yesterday between Hope Stone visits, and yesterday evening Leslie and her friend Rachel came over to watch Strictly Ballroom and appreciate some quality Australian cinema.  Signed up to Netflix for that purpose and I think it is an excellent addition to our household.

Gayla (=Hope Stone teacher) and her husband Firat (also Hope Stone teacher, just not one I happen to work with) came over for dinner Wednesday and reminded me that I have this massive resource of things to do and people to connect with over at Hope.  So have taken a couple more classes this week, including ballet, for the first time in months.  Attempted to take yoga this morning - plan was to take yoga then have props meeting with Gayla afterwards - but public transport fail saw me missing my bus connection, then taking a bus in the wrong direction.  I didn't notice that one at first, until I looked up to see, not the hip cafes of Montrose, but the 610 freeway and the bus about to head out into the suburban wastelands.  Texted Gayla begging for lift but no response.  (Turns out she forgot about yoga and had her phone off.  Workout fail, Gayla.) I gave up, got off the bus, then walked home in this glorious spring weather.  I was about to get cranky for the first time at inadequate Houston pt, but Leslie has reminded me of my New Year's Resolution with this little present she brought over last night:


The best bit of yesterday came in the form of a facebook message.  It went something like this: "Hi Amy, had to track you down on facebook because you didn't have your contact details on your CV.  [Will obviously never make that mistake again - Ed.]  You auditioned for me a couple of weeks ago, and while I didn't cast you in that show, I thought you were great and would very much appreciate it if you would audition for the next one I'm doing.  Cheers."  Ok, he didn't say cheers, coz that's not a very American thing to say, but you get the gist.

Have filed taxes in both countries.  Have tidied house.  Have hosted multiple friends over at house.  Have made both gado gado and freakin bread.  Have been headhunted for audition.  Have had good week after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment