Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Houston Day 304 - road trip photos, and this week

So folks, check out my road trip photos.  My favourite part of the trip was the SXSW stuff in Austin, but I didn't really take any photos of that, save the blurry dark ones taken when I momentarily forgot I have no flash on my cameraphone.

I did feel a little homesick for Houston while I was away, and it was very nice to get home to both Lucas and Bekah telling me how much I was missed.  But this week so far has overall been less than stellar.  The post-show blues are turning me into a cross between a petulant child and a grieving mother.  The tears are pretty ready to spring at any moment, such as when I walked past a photo of my sisters and thought for about three seconds about how much I love and miss them.  Lucas is not having a lot of fun living with me right now, particularly given that he doesn't quite get this particular aspect of "our" career choice.  Made worse by still recovering from major relocation, less full life here than in Melbourne, etc etc etc, you've heard it all before, plus decision not to pursue out-of-town gigs in order to protect our relationship & mental health.
When I have the motivation to get up off the couch (tell you what, cable tv is such an enabler for depressive days), I have been doing some major organisation of our household.  I found all our paperwork from the move, which took me right back to eleven months ago when the same papers literally had me up all night.  (See very first blog post!)  Made my hyperventilate again.  The U.S. government sure knows how to stress the hell out of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment