Thursday, March 8, 2012

Houston Day 291 - unemployment again???

Freedom Train ends tomorrow.  It's been such a wonderful journey, and the cast are very sad to be bidding farewell to working with each other every day.  I had an attack of the post-show blues on Tuesday night (yes, before the season's even over) which Lucas very lovingly sat through, and my darling husband talked me down off my metaphorical hysterical high ledge.
Not only am I sad about saying goodbye to this precious time with some dear people, I'm also terrified of being unemployed.  At this stage the next bout of full-time work happens in the last week of April, which is production week for the Hope Stone kids' show (and Pinkalicious rehearsals start the following week, in May).  There are a couple of opportunities in the pipeline, but nothing I'm ready to move from "possible" to "likely".
And, blog readers, do you remember the last time I was unemployed? Existential angst, self-worth through the floor, and it being way too hard to get out of bed in the morning? Most of my brain knows that there are two big differences this time - one, I'm at home here now, and two, I have friends.  In fact, two friends in particular have reminded me of their excellence this week.  Bekah and I usually let each other know about audition results as soon as we find out, and when I told her on Tuesday that I didn't get in to Goldilocks she came over immediately and comforted me with good conversation, a French musical movie and going out for ice-cream.  And Leslie, who is also finishing up a show this weekend, has suggested we watch Strictly Ballroom when we both get back from our post-show holidays (she to Kansas City to visit her sister, me road-tripping with Mel Bok who's visiting from Melbourne).  But the tiny afraid part of my brain can scream pretty loudly sometimes.
I'll figure it out.  I'm sure it'll all be fine.  Something will come up, and if it doesn't, I'll make that fine too.
Check out the link below for some Freedom Train photos, which I'm sure I'll add to after our last show and what I'm sure will be a massive cast party (the party will be massive; the cast is pretty small).

Freedom Train photos

No comments:

Post a Comment