Thursday, March 1, 2012

Houston Day 284

Yesterday was a marathon day. 4 shows at 3 different venues adding up to a 15-hour work day. With a decent-sized break in the afternoon for me to invite the cast back to my house and feed them my excellent home-cooked lasagne. Also, in the interests of full disclosure, I should tell you there was a lot of sleeping going on in the back of the van between shows.  But that didn't seem to ward off the hysterical exhaustion that overtook us at the end of the day.
It was so much fun. The first crowd of kids weren't great, and the second show was bizarre, because we had a time limit and so sped up the pace so much I was buzzing and couldn't slow down afterwards. The third show was pretty good, as was the last one. But this cast gets on really well, and we make each other laugh, and we look after each other.  And we also explain, multiple times a day, to the resident Australian and token white person, that just because I don't always understand what's being said, doesn't mean they're insulting me.
Today was pretty chilled to make up for it.  I went to the doctor this morning and I think I've finally found a doctor who I like.  She talked to me like a person, which is a big step up from the last doctor I tried.  I'm at Hope Stone now, and heading out for tapas with Scott, Maggie, Leslie and Lucas before we go and see Part Three of the Tom Stoppard trilogy tonight.  So the serfs will be freed, and I think Bakunin gets a bit of redemption as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment