Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Houston Day 156

I.  Am.  Exhausted.  Seven hours of Tom & Huck rehearsal today.  We finally have a fourth person in the cast, so we've had two days to work on the new version of the show for back-to-back shows at a school tomorrow.  It's fun, and I really like the other cast members, but it's exhausting, like all good shows are! If you're not completely whacked at the end, it's not an interesting show!
In other news, I submitted my new voiceover demo and a video to an agency here in town, and I got in to see them next week! The recommendation from the voiceover coach really helped too- he's with the same agency and he called them on my behalf to make sure I wasn't just an anonymous package on someone's desk.
Tonight we're going to see the dress rehearsal of Fidelio with the comp tickets I earned lightwalking at the opera last week.  And somewhere between now and 9.30am tomorrow I need to go over my lines for Tom & Huck.
I've been kinda homesick the last few days, but it's manageable at the moment.  Sunday we were talking about Christmas and it hit me that I won't be spending it with my mum and sisters, so that was a few tears, and then an afternoon eating comfort food and watching a movie.  There's a song in Tom & Huck that sounds kinda like "I still call Australia home" and it used to make me sing it, but I decided to stop coz it's just too sad & I need to focus on the show, not how much I miss Australia!

No comments:

Post a Comment