Friday, October 14, 2011

Houston Day 145

Just a quick post while I'm procrastinating.  Learning lines is so boring, it's the least favourite part of any job.  But, holy mother of god, we're performing tomorrow.  Gah! So Express still haven't found themselves a Tom for The Adventures of Tom & Huck, so tomorrow we're doing an excerpt from the show that will pretty much just be an adventure of Huck and his friends.....
Yesterday I woke up and was sad to not be going to work at the Opera (I don't go back there til next week).  Funny, for a job that I was thinking would just be something to get me out of the house and meeting new people, it's actually really enjoyable! Funny story...they have such a clear chain of command that no one gets to move props except the props crew.  So the other lightwalker was instructed to move a chair and then someone yelled "don't touch it! Props, we need you to come and move a chair!" and she had to wait until the props crew came onstage to move this chair for her before she could sit in it.
Ok, I'm going now to learn my lines.  And at some point I need to finish this video submission to a prospective agent.  I gave myself that goal while I didn't have any work, and now I've got stacks of work and no time to finish the video!

No comments:

Post a Comment