Sunday, July 31, 2011

Houston Day 70

We had our first Melbourne guests staying with us this weekend.  Mel and Doreen, who are both dancers I met through Stone Soup/Christian Artists' Factory people, are in Houston for a week to do a dance intensive with another company here and they stayed with us Friday night.  I took them out shopping for cheap dancewear and ran into Lauren ("the black ballerina" as she calls herself) and also Isabelle from City Dance.
Mel and Dory also helped me shop for our housewarming party.  It was incredibly stressful.  I didn't notice how much I shop by feel until I came to a place where everything is different and what I think is an intuitive way to lay out a store is actually not, and you can't find chocolate mousse.
The housewarming was fun.  Mostly it was people Lucas works with, and Sherese and Stephanie from City Dance came, and Dan and Shani.  Rebekah couldn't come :( coz she's playing host to Nick's family who are in town for a week.  We're becoming friends with so many cool people, which is making me happy, but I miss being around people who know me on a deep soul level.  Mel helpfully reminded me that this takes time, and to just keep investing in friendships and it'll happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment