Friday, April 26, 2013

Houston Day 706 - meals, Macbeth and Magic School Bus

Meals, Macbeth and Magic School Bus

plus Meisner and meditation and more of what's in my life right now...

Thanks to the people who continued the discussion on facebook from my last post.  From what you both said, I am beginning to think that there's something in this "discipline sets you free" idea.  I also had a good chat with the Magic School Bus girls that day.  The more times you load in a show to a new venue, the quicker you get at it; however our shorter load-in time is not reflected in our call times, so we often have either a really leisurely load-in or a lot of spare time to just hang out in costume.  So we had about twenty minutes up our sleeve the other day in which I invited the girls to share their experiences with diets with me, which led to a really great chat.  And what they said reminded me of two things: that what you see usually isn't the whole story, and being nice to yourself can go a long way.
Advertising came out this week -
I'm pretty damn excited about this show!
Most of yesterday was a pretty brilliant day, and I'm trying to figure out why I had so much energy.   Maybe it was the extra twenty minutes of sleep, maybe it was meditation before leaving for work, maybe it was feeling buoyed up by the first of our Meisner sessions a few of us are conducting at my house, working through Larry Silverberg's "The Meisner Approach" workbook.  We had two Magic School Bus shows that I really enjoyed, I went home and went straight to "Macbeth school" (i.e., my desk, where I sit with my laptop and Ashley's Riverside Shakespeare and do some pretty disciplined work on text preparation), I hung out outside and enjoyed the beautiful spring weather, and then had my last class with the Hope Stone teens before we head into tech week.  We also caught up with some friends at a restaurant we hadn't been to before to see a friend's son play guitar in the courtyard.  Today is back to Macbeth school, with a coffee break with the Zeteo pastor around 2pm, and going to see a show tonight to kick off the weekend.  I think I'm going to try what one of the School Bussers suggested, and take a food journal that isn't just a record of what I eat, but how it's connected to what I feel.  I suspect that being more in touch with myself spiritually will help, especially heading in to the next four weeks, which involve Hope Stone tech week, no less than forty-six Magic School Bus shows, and the beginning of Macbeth rehearsals.  Goodbye, world, I'll see you at the other end!

No comments:

Post a Comment