Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Houston Day 704 - Fun (or not) with Calories

Fun (or not) with Calories, or, Diets Ahoy

I'm not sure whether this is an Australia v America experience, or if it's just the time in my life, but I seem to be surrounded by people on diets.  The paleo diet is a big thing, as is calorie-counting, but also there just seem to be a whole lot of people on an eternal quest to change their bodies, and once that change has been effected, watch over it with an iron rule.
I totally get it, coz I'm on that quest too, and people should (and will) do whatever makes them happy.  But I really long for a sense of freedom that I often don't see in these dieters - actual freedom, which to me means freedom from the habit of overdoing either end of the spectrum, not just the freedom to eat yourself into a diabetic coma.  I have no idea how to achieve that freedom, consistently, for a long period of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment