Thursday, April 11, 2013

Houston Day 691 - The Extrovert's Confession


The Extrovert's Confession 


over the weeks we warm up.  the more stories are shared the more we have ties and memories and things that link us to each other.  and I make her smile, and she told you something you didn’t know before, and we giggle.  we all bubble over with these stories, these facts, that we are so proud to own.  we stand on each other’s shoulders to see how we can be funnier, louder, sparklier.  and quicker, and quicker, we laugh too loud, there’s no time to hear.  we cut each other down in this scrabble to the limelight that our souls are so greedy for.  and it shines on our face and we ride that joy all the way home.  but sometimes we get bitter, even when we win, because cutting each other down just hurt a bit too much today.
I wrote this recently while I was figuring out some stuff.  Please note that it's about me trying to identify the ways in which I hurt and offend people; I'm not trying to spew passive aggression all over the internet in an attempt to punish someone else for hurting me.  I participate in situations like this all the time, and go home wondering why it feels so wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment