Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Houston Day 170

Shut up.  Eating Tim Tams in front of the telly is a totally acceptable way of spending my morning, thank you.

In other news, I have an agent! :) Her name is Cyndi, and she's the head of an agency called Pastorini Bosby, which seems to be the best/biggest/only agency in town.  I really like her - I met her last week and felt like I could be really honest with her, and she encouraged me to ask lots of questions, and she listened to me, and told me things I found really informative, including about the unions, which play a much bigger role here than in Australia.  So agents here in TX don't deal with theatre work, just screen and voiceover.  There's not that stranglehold on information that exists in the Melbourne theatre world, where you won't even hear about the good theatre auditions unless you have an agent.  In fact, I have been emailing someone at a theatre company in Austin about work there and she sent me an update recently saying, hey, you should be aware we're having auditions in January.  I love it.
Anyway, meeting my new agent was a really positive experience.  Very happy.  She wants me to do some more screen acting training, because I need to learn how to turn off the children's theatre habits.  So, I will enroll in something after the New Year, and between that, Hope Stone and hopefully some other form of paid performing work (opportunities in the pipeline but not definite yet), don't think I'll have time for Ragtime.  :( Pretty much my decision was made when I turned up to Sound of Music choreography rehearsal last night, and it was like I had never learnt the chore, my memory of it was that bad.  When I do multiple shows, one of them suffers, I have just discovered.

I shall eat the last Tim Tam, and then maybe do some work before heading off to Rudolph rehearsal in half an hour.  Or maybe I shall just watch SVU.

No comments:

Post a Comment