Friday, June 3, 2011

Editor's Comment [Day 12]

Just to clarify a few things.

1.  I was talking about hurricanes in "Day 8 - a Day Trip to Galveston" and got some of my facts wrong.  There was, in fact, a devastating hurricane in Galveston in 1900, but I think that was before they started naming storms.  The reason everyone remembers Hurricane Ike is because the storm with that name was in 2008!  By the way, the official start to the hurricane season was yesterday.  There are warnings around, and Lucas got a talk at work in the quarterly safety meeting (Exxon's obsessed with safety - I'm not complaining!) about how to protect yourself in a storm.  If you're interested in the history of hurricanes check out this website by the National Hurricane Center which also has links to other things about storms.
2.  I woke up with the horrible feeling this morning that some of my dear friends and readers may think I was calling them "narrow-minded" in "Day 11".  Deepest apologies if I've offended anyone.  What I was trying to say is that while it is tempting for some Christians and, as Spong so beautifully puts it, "members of the church alumni association" to use labels like that against more orthodox Christians, on a closer look those labels may not fit that well.  Again, sorry if you felt like anything pejorative was aimed at you.  It wasn't.

Today our relocation consultant is taking me to apply for my Social Security Number, and I will do lots of work on my audition preparation before Lucas and I meet our potential landlord this evening.  I will not watch America's Next Top Model.

No comments:

Post a Comment