Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Houston Day 753 - listlessness

And more ennui is setting in now that I found out I didn't get a callback from the audition I went to last night.  As my sister used to say, "I am without a list".  I know it may have nothing to do with the skill with which I auditioned (even before the audition I wasn't convinced of my "rightness" for either of the female roles up for grabs), but it's always hard not to take it a little personally.  And, actually, more than that, the issue is mostly that there's always this excitement and possibility around an audition - it would be really fun to have a project on the boil, and there was a reason I went to this particular one - and then that gets damped down.  Oh well, I had fun getting to read with a couple of great actors, and it was good practice at cold reading with my American accent.  And, now I'm free tonight to go to a concert with Lucas.  It's a singer-songwriter from Texas named Sarah Jarosz.  Should be fun.
The weather here is getting ridiculously hot, and I can't seem to find a good day to visit the beach, despite all my sitting-around-at-home-watching-Torchwood time.  BUT we have some travel plans in the offing, so I'll just have to get excited about that instead.  Don't be a child, Amy.  You can deal with no excitement for a couple of days.