Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Houston Day 613 - all aboard the Magic School Bus!

The Magic School Bus Live!: The Climate Challenge

In keeping with what appears to be a developing tradition, starting the New Year with some kind of transport-themed show, I started rehearsals for Magic School Bus this week.  Last year was Freedom Train ("you got your ticket?"), and maybe next year I will have learned from this year's show and be taking some kind of alternative-energy-powered transport, just like we have progressed since last year and are not currently enslaving anyone in this year's show.
Right now we're learning the music, arranged and harmonised by our wonderful MD Kathy.  The confusion of learning six-part harmony/counterpoint (totally for our enjoyment only; I think the kids in the audience might not fully appreciate it) is magnified when she keeps on confusing me with one of the other cast members, whose name is Claire.  It helps (or maybe doesn't help) that, as siblings often are, I have been trained from a young age to answer to "Claire" (or Sarah, or sometimes even to my mum's sisters' names).


So it should be a good show, provided Claire and I can play the right parts. And turns out we do have a show that our family and friends can come to see, at Main Street Chelsea Market, 7pm on March 18th.  I think it costs $5.  And you will learn all about how

"We see CO2 and we see CH4,
And every day we see a little more.
Molecules are small, but they can add up fast:
Tiny stuff matters."

Sciencey.

1 comment:

  1. Make sure you explain to me that you're going to preserve this up! Its so very good and so critical. I cant wait around to read much more from you. I just feel like you know so a lot and know how to make men and women listen to what you have to say. This website is just as well amazing to be skipped. Great things, really. You should, You should keep it up!
    Prom Limo Service
    Town car Services

    ReplyDelete