Thursday, January 17, 2013

Houston Day 607 - our trip to Australia

Ten Things I Learned on Our Trip Home

  1. I will always care about my Aussie friends.
  2. My sisters are two of the best people I know, and my family is pretty damn special, and my mum is a fabulous sixty-year-old.
  3. About a third of my friends are significantly more pregnant or parental than they were when we left.
  4. It's not Christmas without some family awkwardness.
  5. Eton Mess is all the rage in Australia right now.
  6. Ballarat changes, and yet it really doesn't.
  7. Sausage rolls are everything they are cracked up to be.
  8. These kinds of "visit home" trips are pretty emotionally exhausting.
  9. Les Mis actually works better as a film than as a stage show.
  10. Roger Federer's wife chooses to stay at Crown Towers.  Where my sister Claire saw her in the spa.  And then that was the first thing she told me when she came across the lobby to meet me.

No comments:

Post a Comment