Thursday, April 5, 2012

Houston Day 319 - from my new home at Hope Stone

Yesterday, after the lovely Tausha from Citywide Massage dealt with my back, I went to Hope Stone....actually, now I think about it, I've fairly been living at Hope Stone these past couple of days.  I helped out Amy, the 2IC of everything, doing office drudge work for a few hours, then I had coffee (well, roast almond tea) with Jane, the 1IC, mama of Hope Stone at Bungalow, my new favourite coffee shop.  Today I went to two classes, and now I've just checked in the little kids (please God, I hope I've done it right - I still don't get the way admin works here) and the teens are slowly trickling in.
In between all of that, I've been watching a hell of a lot of "Downton Abbey" and doing some fairly hardcore thinking.  When my life slows down between shows, I have time to look around and see how the rest of my life's doing, and often need to do a fair bit of emotional homework on stuff I've ignored while I've been busy.  It's fairly taxing, but good.  Part of what I'm thinking about is trying to decide whether I'll pursue a particular work/day-job opportunity that's come up, or whether I'd rather stay as available as I can for shows, or whether I'll end up letting everyone down trying to juggle multiple commitments.  Hmmm.  I'm also, as per Bekah's improv lessons she's giving me in return for singing lessons, trying to pay attention to what my body language, particularly my feet, are communicating in any given situation.  Think about it - if your weight's back on your heels, and you've got one foot pointing to the side, you're not communicating full alertness and engagement in the situation you're in.
Tonight we're off to see Ragtime at the Miller Outdoor Theatre (yes, this is the one I considered auditioning for way back in December).  Shemica and Vincent are both in it, so that'll be fun to see them.  Once Shemica and I figured out how to understand how the other one talks ("Are you having a go at me?"="I know you ain't comin' for me, bitch!"), we've become pretty good friends.
The Miller is a beautiful theatre - think Sidney Myer Music Bowl.  We've got friends coming, we've got many many cheeses from Houston Dairymaids, and it should be a good night.  And it's Ragtime! I'm so excited to see this show! I hope the production's good.

No comments:

Post a Comment