Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Houston Day 339 - Hello from the Zen center

So this last week I have joined the countless Texans who regularly go on a "cleanse" (because the everyday diet is so unhealthy for many Texans!) but not the kind of cleanse where you just drink lemonade for two weeks and try to pretend you're not hungry (one of my fellow reindeer during Rudolph did that and to be honest, it seemed awful).  It was a program outlined in the Yoga International magazine that I read.  The basis of it was doing yoga every day and eating a very restricted vegan diet.  I wanted to do it as a kind of spiritual discipline: to take this time as I come to the end of this season of a very light work schedule to settle a little deeper into myself, to balance out my physical and mental health before I head into Hope Stone tech week and Pink rehearsals straight after that.  And it's been great.  I feel very zen, and balanced, and rested, and in touch with myself.  Am also experiencing a hunger for spiritual challenge and community that I haven't felt in ages.  I got out a bible this week! Just coz I felt like it!!!
Other stuff going on in our world...I've been taking screen acting classes, as well as some more Shakespeare classes, and have learned & improved a whole bunch.  We went to see our first TUTS show last night, with Nick and Bekah, and also marked the first time the four of us have been to a show together and not just Nick, Bekah and Lucas coming to see my show or Nick, Lucas and I going to see one of Bekah's shows.  The show was La Cage aux Folles and it was brilliant.  Brilliant.  Brilliant.  A great show, and a really top-notch production.  Makes me feel good about the state of the theatre in Houston (although I think all of the actors were from New York :-/ ).  After this week Lucas should finally be done with the lease sale stuff at work, so that takes a load off.  His not-yet-functioning car Lance (the 1980ish Subaru brat he's been working on) got towed to the mechanic, so hopefully at some point we'll have two cars.  Life is filling up to the point now where that is becoming necessary.  And pt is ok here but not amazing...it took me an hour and a half to go to Main Street today to drop off my contract and pick up my Pink script (which, by the way, looks great - I can't way to start!)
Lucas is now home from a long and stressful day at work, so we're going to sit on our front porch and enjoy the mild evening sunshine lighting up the street.

No comments:

Post a Comment