Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Houston Day 234 - All aboard for the Freedom Train

Rehearsals started this week for Freedom Train, Express Children's Theatre's Black History Month show.  It's a fascinating story, about how a family of slaves escaped their owners and ran away to freedom in Mexico.  It's quite the linguistic challenge for me.  I play a slave-owner (Southern accent) and a German immigrant living on the Texas/Mexico border helping slaves on their way to freedom (German accent with several German and Spanish words thrown in).
It's good to be back at work after the break.  The team is all the same as it was for Tom & Huck.  The funny thing is, though - I'm working a regular schedule, not too busy, and well-planned out thanks to the glorious Home Office...and I kind of don't know what to do with myself! Next week's busier though, with some more days at the Opera.
Lucas is home from work so I'm gonna sign off and hang out with him!

No comments:

Post a Comment