Monday, January 2, 2012

Houston Day 224 - Hello again!

Hey blog readers, bet you've missed me.  December is over, and whilst it was great, I'm definitely not planning on repeating that little stunt of hyper-busy-ness.  This year my New Year's Resolution is to give up complaining, and a larger goal is to develop a rhythm of work that allows me to 1) perform 2) get all the other stuff, like admin, audition hunting, play-reading & -writing, that allows me to perform, done and 3) see Lucas and also relax.  So as a step toward that, Saturday is the Home Office Setup Day.
We got back from Christmas in Idaho yesterday, and that journey was really good practice in exercising my New Year's Resolution :) We were both hungover from an excellent birthday/NYE celebration which involved many cocktails and crashing on Dave & Shannon's air mattress.
It's been a big year, culminating in a big month....we're both tired on a very deep level, and a little bit clingy and sentimental.  I have a couple of times in the last week cried for no reason.  It was so good to get home and sleep in today.  We went to pick up Lex & Monica from the airport (yay, more Aussie visitors - and they came bearing Tim Tams!!!) and on the way Lucas took me to one of his favourite lunch spots near his work.
Tomorrow I have my first voiceover audition at my new agent's.  A little unsure of how it's going to work - apparently they have a recording studio there but my studio experience is limited, plus I don't know if there's a technician or if I have to run everything myself.  Useful to find out though! First time for everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment