Saturday, June 2, 2012

Houston Day 377 - the whole wide world is PINK

The Pink set
I have been living in Pink land the last week.  We open tomorrow so we've had long hours teching all week.  I also just got back to full strength this week after being sick for two weeks so I had a lot of ground to cover after missing a rehearsal and just not being fully present even when I was there.  It's been a fun week; hard work, but in the best possible way.
Working at Main Street is awesome.  They're a well-organised, well-funded, well-put-together organisation and just make everything so easy and stress-free.  I have idolised these guys and wanted to work for them pretty much since I got here and the experience behind the scenes does not disappoint.  We had our final dress rehearsal today and took some promo footage - watch this space! - and we open tomorrow! Yippee!!
View of the backyard and the "lakehouse"
In other news, we just started the lease on the new house.  It's an awesome quirky house with a pond in the backyard - the yard is really the highlight of this place - and I like it, although I think I don't love the house as much as our current one.  The location, however, is a big plus - close to a road with many more restaurants than our own little 19th St has, and also further south, so further away from Lucas' work but closer to mine.  I can even cycle to Hope Stone from there!

No comments:

Post a Comment