Monday, May 2, 2011

19 days til arrival in Houston

The packers are here.  I'm hiding out in the study because that's the room the packers aren't allowed to go in.  This feels exactly how I was told it would feel - I'm totally out of control while three men in hi-vis vests swarm all over the house packing stuff up with remarkable speed and craploads of paper.  It was a little anxious-making at first but I've calmed down a bit now.  Brain not quite working coz we were up until after 4am cataloging everything for insurance purposes.  Was kind of fun to do an (almost) all-nighter with Lucas - don't think we've ever done that before.  Am wearing crappy strange clothes that are not worth keeping to pack, including a bright green woollen jumper Lucas picked up off the church trading table ages ago and hasn't worn since!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, if I can be bothered I totally want that green jumper! I have the matching pastel-yellow one and while i can't say it's been a highlight of my wardrobe, it does make me laugh occasionally.

    Hope it's feeling good to have it all finally cleared, at least :/

    ReplyDelete