Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Houston Day 661 - Sondheim & Sorkin guide you through my life

Two Quotes Indicative of This Week 

"Listen, everybody, I'm afraid you didn't hear - or do you want to see a crazy lady fall apart in front of you?"
Click here to see a nice piece the Houston Chronicle wrote about us!
That's a line from Company, although kind of a line from my life right now.  Last week's heinous schedule (it got even worse since I wrote this post) got me sick, and with my asthma never really under control since we moved here I'm afraid of not getting better for a long time.  Soooo I'm freaking out, a little disproportionately, it must be admitted, about letting down the show (which opens this week, btw!), and about being a liability, other things along that line of reasoning.  Rational Amy is reading The Feeling Good Handbook right now, and learning how not to freak out quite so disproportionately.  Other reasons why that line is a line from my life is that the character's name is Amy, and the guy she's marrying is an awful lot like Lucas.

CJ: "Is the reason you guys didn't get married because her name would have been Lisa Sherborne-Seaborn?"
Sam: "Yes.  That's the reason."
As Lucas says, the sound in our house that indicates that I'm sick is a drum roll, followed by "Previously on The West Wing."  Two days of marathon watching are helping me rest (plus the fact that we're off Magic School Bus this week).  And I can tell I'm getting better, because I have the desire to cook, which only ever happens when I'm recovering from either the post-show blues or a bout of illness.  Plus my throat has stopped hurting and I haven't felt the need to vomit since Sunday.  Hurrah!

So we're all ok, I will be fine, the show will be great, and you will come and see it.  It's a real treat to be working with a brilliant director and brilliant designers and hardworking, fabulous actors on one of Sondheim's most famous pieces.  So, you know, come see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment