Friday, August 24, 2012

Houston Day 461 - blues and brownies, and more about biscuits

I am ever so slowly climbing my way out of the post-show blues.  Running around Houston's gorgeous Hermann Park with Ashley is helping.  And I find that, as I did last time I was in this emotional place and I discovered I can make bread, I have this urge to bake.  There's something lovely about holding something hot and fragrant and yummy and knowing I achieved it, because it's at this time that I suddenly question my ability to do pretty much everything.  And baking (at the level at which I do it) is only slightly challenging and doesn't take too much mental acuity (e.g., I can drink while I do it!) and doesn't break anyone's heart, least of all mine, if I screw it up.  So I've made brownies, and biscuits (the American kind: see my English Around the World page!) and right now there's a banana loaf in the oven.  So the post-show blues are slowly being replaced by delicious baked goods.  And frustration that I can't find my electric beater.

No comments:

Post a Comment