Thursday, February 16, 2012

Houston Day 270 - meet a few of my Hope Stone teens

Meet Amelia and Elizabeth *names changed for privacy* from the Hope Stone Kid's Play project.

Why do you come to Kid's Play?
E: Because I like lots of different types of art.  And Kid's Play offers lots of different types of art.
A: And it's also a very open environment so you can come at all different levels and still have fun.

What are you looking forward to at Hope Stone between now and the summer?
E: The show!
A: And specifically playing at the gala (coz I understand that drum pattern).

What is your favourite subject at school?
E: Dance.  But if you mean a real subject, English.
A: History.

How long have you been coming to Kid's Play?
E: Second year for both of us.

And are you guys actually related or do you just look similar?
E: We don't think we look alike.  We're not related.

If you could have dinner with anyone alive or dead, what would you eat?
E: I would have crepes with Jimmy Fallon.  Because he's awesome.  He's probably the best person in the world.  He's famous.
A:  Can I specify a time? Cherry pie with Coco Chanel right after her husband died.
E: Why?
A: Right after then I think her designs changed a lot and I want to see what she was thinking.
A & E:....long conversation about cherry pie I didn't keep up with...

Anything you'd like to say to my friends and family in Australia?
E: I think they should know that Amelia has triple citizenship.

Meet Hulk *name changed at his request*

Why do you come to Kid's Play?
For the fun.

What are you looking forward to at Hope Stone between now and the summer?
Skateboarding.  Oh, I thought you meant in general.  Having fun with everyone at Hope Stone.

What's your favourite subject at school?
Gym.

How long have you been coming to Kid's Play?
I don't know, I forgot.

Were you born in Jamaica or are you just of Jamaican origin?
I was born here.

If you could have dinner with anyone alive or dead, what would you eat?
Amelia and Elizabeth.  And I would eat what they chose.

Anything you want to say to my friends and family in Australia?
I like kangaroos.  I've seen Kangaroo Jack and I've seen them on Animal Planet and Discovery Channel and I saw on the news about how that kid got beat up by a kangaroo.  It's sad, but she recovered.

No comments:

Post a Comment